This one-day workshop covers the basics of planning and managing projects. The program provides a practical set of tools and is based on the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) concepts. It would be of benefit to anyone responsible for implementing a project, whether it is a broad initiative or a smaller one-person project.
Some of the specific topics include:
- Defining the problem or opportunity; creating a project goal
- Initiating a project charter
- Scoping – identifying what’s “in” and what’s “out” of the project mandate
- Defining project tasks, activities, resources and schedule
- Network Diagramming
- Determining critical path
- Identifying and managing contingencies and possible problems
This program can be modified to fit a 2 format, allowing for greater depth and practice.